Today I finished of the 5 letters to the Beijing City Government Officials, a project which was highly recommended by lawyer LI Fangping. So, via EMS, the following Chinese Government officials will be receiving a letter outlining the case of WU Yuren, in both English and Chinese:
1. LIU Qi – Party Chief of Beijing City (in fact, this letter was sent a month ago, and of course, no direct response…)
2. GUO Jinlong – Mayor of Beijing City
3. DU Deyin – Standing Committee of Chinese Parliament
4. YANG Anjing – Chairman, Political Consultative Conference
5. MA Zhipeng – Secretary of the Disciplinary Committee of the Chinese Communist Party
I am not expecting a response. But, we feel that they have been made aware, as they have ‘pushed’ through Dawu’s case, from arrest to prosecution, in a very short time … also, now on two occasions, the guards/police have instructed Dawu to inform the lawyer to inform me to keep quiet, and not make such a racket about this ‘small’ incident. Don’t make a mountain out of a mole hill. Oh, really?